Leslie at Rehab

Leslie at Rehab
Enough with the brace! Here's mah Kitteh!

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Report for the first week home

So, the week started with some real highs (home, guy, friends) and lows (fall, ER) and swiftly went to a mid-level range, thank goodness. Felicia stayed till 6pm on Tuesday helping problem solve, pick up a 2nd wheelchair, shop and in general make the transition to home much easier. She also came up with the method for getting me in and out of the house while I am using a wheelchair. By the time I get out and back in I'm exhausted, and my helper who is wrangling a wheelchair is pretty well worn out as well. However, it works and has minimal risk of a fall.

The week has gone quickly with PT on M, W and F. A schedule which will continue for the foreseeable future and should. Both my PT and myself were able to talk with my insurance case manager about my being sent home perhaps a bit soon. I hope it has them take a look at their policies and rethink the decision process. The fall on Sat could have gone bad in so many ways, it was good fortune that it ended with a bruised shoulder, scraped knee and little more.

Sadly, while the computers are all talking together they all seem to be talking different languages. So my work is still being done only on the laptop I had at the rehab center. Nor have I been very productive this week, it is taking far longer to get settled in than I had anticipated. Ah well, this to shall pass.

So, off to work, and yes I am very fortunate to work for myself out of my home with so many fantastic clients. I don't know how I will ever be able to thank them for being with me through this journey. Nor how I will ever be able to thank all my friends who have come along for this ride, helped out, lent support, given support. I am a fortunate person truly blessed with a full life.

No comments:

Post a Comment