Leslie at Rehab

Leslie at Rehab
Enough with the brace! Here's mah Kitteh!

Monday, March 19, 2012

Possible Uh-Oh

"Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death." Harold Wilson

The quote was in our daily chronicle for today.

This morning had a visit from Laura to let me know they had received an email from the insurance company setting a discharge date of 3/21. Yes, that is this coming Wednesday.

I spoke to one of the primary therapists on my case and she confirmed that they didn't really feel confident I was ready for discharge. She also suggested I call my case manager at the insurance company to discuss concerns with her. In addition, the rehab center is putting together a counter-proposal which involves a home evaluation on the 27th.

So I'm asking all of you to either hope that the insurance company delays the discharge or I quickly become proficient on stairs with crutches.

Beyond that, I am actually starting to reduce the amount of pain meds I take as the pain is reducing slowly.

1 comment:

  1. Insurance companies are evil. We need a new paradigm for how health care gets paid for in this country. Best wishes on getting whatever time you need in the rehab center.

    ReplyDelete