Leslie at Rehab

Leslie at Rehab
Enough with the brace! Here's mah Kitteh!

Saturday, February 4, 2012

48 to 72 hours in surgical recovery...

I'm afraid you read that right.  Our hero is in Baltimore at UMMC Shock Trauma, after undergoing a five hour surgery, Leslie is still in surgery recovery, she has not been moved to a room.  :(  Just for reference, her surgery was Thursday morning, it's now Saturday evening.

Leslie is in a lot of pain, the surgery was very invasive.

So here's the weird (to me) part.  UMMC seems pretty certain that Leslie is headed back to Walkersville tomorrow - Sunday.  I know, right?  Never moved to a room, but headed back to rehab.  The philosophy seems to be that since all they're doing is managing pain, that can be done at rehab as easily as at the hospital, that and they're short of beds.  So, gosh, a lot going on but little to report.  Big items: lot's of pain, lot's of wiped out Leslie, and call before you visit, if you were planning a trip to UMMC, I'll post as soon as I know she's moved for sure.

So just two more things - If you're a gaming friend of Leslie's and you're reading this please share it  on the lists or pages where you guys hang out.  I'm a dancing buddy, so I'm pretty sure I've got the dance community covered, but I know Leslie has this whole *other* life...

And

Over $1300.00 - you guys totally rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment