Leslie at Rehab

Leslie at Rehab
Enough with the brace! Here's mah Kitteh!

Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday Musings

As Monday draws to a close I lay in bed and look back on a day full of accomplishments. I used the walker 3 times today for a total walk of 120 feet, no left leg; used the toilet twice; actually completed a client's return including printing it. This is the time of day I reflect on what has gone on and what I am learning. Perhaps one of the most overwhelming items I have learned is the number of wonderful people I have within my life, and have continued to meet. The adage to not take things for granted has certainly been proved true - who knew the amount of excitement generated by using the toilet once you are over an age. That you don't know what you can do until you try, I started the day hoping I could use the parallel bars a bit more and quickly graduated to the walker. I am managing to go more hours between pain medicine doses and the swelling is way down. I go to see the surgeon tomorrow after both my therapy sessions so I'll turn in early tonight as the day will start early and strong. I know I still have a long way to go before I get to dance again, but as I say "I'll be dancing the day after I walk." To all I have met, and those I haven't - enjoy the path of life you have been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment